Top 10 Things You Can Do to Help the Environment
- Change your light bulbs to compact fluorescents (CFL)
- Clean or replace air filters on your air conditioning unit at least once a month.
- Adjust the thermostat a couple of degrees higher in the summer and lower in the winter.
- Caulk and weather strip all your doors and windows.
- Wash and dry only full loads of laundry and dishes.
- Turn down the thermostat on the water heater to 120 degrees.
- Plant trees to shade your home.
- Buy from local vendors.
- Remember to turn off lights and unplug electrical equipment that you aren’t using.
- Keep your car tuned up and tires properly inflated.
- Buying local goods cuts down on fuel consumption.
Local goods = your goods travel shorter distances = less fuel consumption
- 75% of all home use electricity is standby power that keeps electronics running when they are off.
Unplugging unoccupied electrics = reducing use of standby power = less energy consumption
- Tuning your car and inflating your tires optimizes the performance of your vehicle and helps the environment!
Maintaining your vehicle = maintaining peak performance and mileage = maximizing fuel efficiency
Recycle Technologies = helping businesses help the environment
Providing Certified commercial recycling solutions for 15 years and counting
We offer recycling solutions for a broad range of electronic and computer related products.Learn More About Our Services
Simple Pac is the easiest way to recycle your bulbs in small quantities! We set you up with a recycling process that makes Responsible bulb disposal as easy as habit!
Learn more about Simplepac >>